This the wiki for a PyFstat, a python package providing an interface to perform F-statistic based continuous gravitational wave (CW) searches. At its core, this is a simple wrapper of selected tools in 'lalpulsar'. The general idea is to allow easy scripting of new search pipelines, we focus primarily on interfacing the CW routines with emcee a python MCMC sampler.
One of the primary use case of this software is the semi-coherent glitch-robust search. You may find a help page explaining how to use this here.
The other immediate use case is for transient parameter estimation. You can find a help page explaining the examples here
We also include a variety of example search scripts here, for each example there is also a more descriptive write-up containing examples of the output which we list below. Before running any of the search examples, be sure to have run the script to generate fake data.
- Making fake data with and without glitches
- Fully-coherent MCMC search
- Fully-coherent MCMC search on data containing a single glitch
- Semi-coherent MCMC glitch-search on data containing a single glitch
- Semi-coherent MCMC glitch-search on data containing two glitches
- Semi-coherent Follow-Up MCMC search (dynamically changing the coherence time)